Dear Grades KG2, 1, 3, 5 and 7 Parents,
Starting Sunday 01/07/1439, which coincides with 18/03/2018, your child will appear for the computerized and standardized tests called Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®). Thamer International School is giving its students MAP tests to determine their instructional level and to measure their academic progress in the area of the core subjects: Maths, English, and Science.
MAP tests are unique as they adapt flexibility so as to be appropriate for your child’s level of learning. As a result, each student has the same opportunity to succeed and maintain a positive attitude towards testing. While taking the test, students have to choose relevant answers. If a student answers a question correctly, the test follows up with a more challenging question. If a student is unable to answer the appropriate question, the test follows up with another relevant question. By adjusting the difficulty level of the questions, MAP precisely measures every student’s achievement as well as growth over time. After the test, the school will have access to the assessment data and essential information about every student. Accordingly, you will receive a report showing your child’s performance via your email.
We are eagerly looking forward to begin a new era that focuses on every child’s individual growth and achievement. Partnering to help all kids learn, parents and teachers can have a profound positive effect on the lives of our children.
For more information about MAP and practice sample tests, please click here.
Exam schedules are attached for your preview. These exams are diagnostic exams which do not need prior preparation. In case you would like to practice with your son/daughter, the following websites will be of a great help.
Web Sites for Kids and Parents:
- www.aaamath.com Math practice and activities
- www.coolmath.com Interactive math games
- www.funbrain.com Great site for kids
- www.aplusmath.com A+ Math
- www.mathforum.org/dr.math/ Ask Dr. Math
- www.mathleague.com/help/help.htm Math League help topics
- www.edhelper.com Help for all subjects
- Language Arts/Reading
- www.funbrain.com Language Arts games and more
- www.merriam-webster.com Merriam Webster Word Game of the Day
- www.vocabulary.com Vocabulary activities
- www.superkids.com/aweb/tools/words Vocabulary builders
- www.lexile.com Lexile Framework® for Reading
Note: Click here for Arabic version.
T. I. S.